AudraL271
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Diagram

by AudraL271 Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi! Could someone post this diagram for this question set please? Thank you!

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 94
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Diagram

by Laura Damone Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Sure thing!

wrk ___ ___ ___ _H_ FGHL
pjkt ___ ___ ___ ___ WXYZ

[FG]

F/L
Z

F/G
W

-Fw --> Hy
-Hy --> Fw

The [FG] chunk is really restrictive. It can only go in 1/2 or 2/3. That means there are only two ways the top row can pan out: F G L H and L F G H.

Recognizing this, you could consider framing. Since neither arrangements starts a domino effect, though, you couldn't do just those two frames, unless you wanted to leave the bottom rows blank. To fill the bottom rows, I'd consider a second fork in the road: Either F or G must work on W. Whichever way that rule pans out, it will impact rules 1 and 3, so it will start a domino effect.

You'd start by diagramming out your top rows twice:

F G H L

F G H L

L F G H

L F G H

Then you'd fill in FW in one version of each, and GW in the other. Finally, you'd follow the inference chain for each.

If you play out those frames, you don't need to draw anything to answer the questions. If you don't play out those frames, you have do do a little bit of scratch work for 9 and 10.

For a really strong fast framer, I say go for it. If you're just an average framer, you may be better off playing the game without the frames. I played it without frames the first time I did it and came in around 7.5 minutes.

Hope this helps!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep