BenjaminE417
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Diagram

by BenjaminE417 Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm having trouble getting the diagram down. I have to be missing something.... Could you provide a completed diagram so I can see where I am going wrong?

Thanks

andrewgong01
Thanks Received: 61
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Diagram

by andrewgong01 Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm

BenjaminE417 Wrote:I'm having trouble getting the diagram down. I have to be missing something.... Could you provide a completed diagram so I can see where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Hope this may help: This is what I had:

Standard grouping board with 3 slots for each group and then box in the entire first row for all groups since it is at least one element in each group. Then put M in 3

Big Pause
Distribution is 3-2-1 or 2-2-2
Only JKL can be in Group 1; pay attention to new game boards that remove one of the JKL elements away from Group 1 as it will force certain elements into Group 1
LM/LK chunk is a priority
Bi-conditional triggers often
No frames.

I considered framing around who can go into group 1 because it is JKL but there's more than 3 possibilities and many if not most of the questions are conditional questions so framing would not be that worth it

I noticed to that many of the questions can be attacked by paying attention to who can go into Group 1, something I noticed during review when re-attempting the game and noticed a pattern that wrong answer choices being tested were revolving around contradicting placements in group 1. For example:

Q8: One ranger in 1 means between JKL it has to be either J or K since L is a chunk. This allows us to deduce that Olsen must go into Group 3 since J/K will be separated
Q10: If K is in 2 and M is in 3, then L has to be in Groups 2 or Group 3. This leaves J in Group 1. Since J/K is now separated O is in 3. The game board is now almost full
Q12: J in 2 puts just L/K in Group 1 but notice that if you have L in Group 1 you must have K in group 1 to satisfy the chunk. However, you can also not have L in Group 1, which forces K to stay in group 1 since it is the only element left that can go into Group 1.