cgrosinger
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Diagram

by cgrosinger Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Does anyone have a diagram that clarifies the game promptly?

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3807
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 2 times.

Re: Diagram

by ohthatpatrick Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm happy to share how it would have looked on my page. Given what an unusual game this was, I wouldn't be surprised if other people had different ways.

Since the virus goes FROM one computer TO another computer, it seemed natural to arrange it left to right like a normal ordering game.

However, since the virus can go from one computer to TWO other computers, instead of using a straight number line, I basically used the same diagram we use for Relative Ordering: The Tree.

I linked together the two rules about S.

I also asked myself, "Who could S be connecting to?" since I knew it couldn't be connecting to S, R, Q, or P. Hence, it must be connecting to T or U.

We could have stopped our setup there, but if we wanted to frame this game, we would probably start wondering which character could be that magical 2-pronged guy that goes to S and R.

Potentially, the remaining four characters, Q, P, T, and U, could all be that, so we'd be framing each of those to see what happens.

The frames are a little messy, but pretty helpful overall.

Let me know if you have any questions.

kollaros.maria
Thanks Received: 2
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Diagram

by kollaros.maria Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:45 am

How can I view the images you uploaded? Photobucket requires payment for me to use the site to view the images.