Diagram

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:47 am

VendelaG465
Thanks Received: 0
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

Re: Diagram

by VendelaG465 Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm

how would someone play this game out? i was unsure if i should frame around the F1 or F7 rule or frame the M in 1,2, or 3 spot there seems to be unlimited options & i find it hard to finish under 10 minutes

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3807
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Diagram

by ohthatpatrick Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Generally speaking, you don't frame F1 / F7, unless at least one of those triggers something interesting.

It doesn't seem like assigning F to 1 or 7 triggers anything.

Similarly, the three-way choice of M in 1, 2, or 3 doesn't seem worth framing to me, since it would only trigger something when we put it in spot 1.

My main impetus for framing is when there are CHUNKS, so if anything, I would frame the GK chunk.

Since we have H - GK, but H can't be 1, then the earliest we can put GK is in 3/4.

That means we'd have four frames, if we moved GK across its four possible positions. Most people would not frame that. I would be somewhat tempted to because I'm fast at frames (fast = I quickly abandon them when I see they're not materializing any quick inferences).

as an exercise in framing, start four frames for the four positions of the chunk and see what you get.
__ __ G K __ __ __
__ __ __ G K __ __
__ __ __ __ G K __
__ __ __ __ __ G K

Here's what I get
M H G K (I, L) F

F (H, M) G K (I, L)

(.....M....)
....(......H....)
__ __ __ __ G K F ..... (I L)

...(..M..)
F __ __ __ __ G K ..... H, (I L)

But you definitely don't need to do any framing. There are two chunks! This game has very friendly rules, so we should be able to get through the setup in a minute, and then get through orientation, the two IF's, and the fully determined within 4-6 mins.

The last question is the worst Equivalent Rule they've ever written, so if you're living by the policy of "save these for the end of the section", then you wouldn't have to worry about that one until last / never.

Hope this helps.