Whatever doesn't fit above.

mswang7
Thanks Received: 0
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

Covid/ April LSAT

by mswang7 Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:00 pm

Just got the email that the April LSAT is cancelled. What's even more frustrating to me is that the May online proctored version will have 1 less LR section than normal?!!! I'm usually pretty strong at LR & LG. RC is by far my weakest and now it's weight just went from 25% to 33%?! Not cool. I know I have the option to decline this and wait for the next in person administration but who knows how long that can be and what if they stick with this new 3 section LSAT. I have been studying for this test for a year now (while working full time until recently). Curious to how others are feeling about this/ any march test takers that were already cancelled and pushed to April.

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 93
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Covid/ April LSAT

by Laura Damone Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi Mswang! We don't actually know yet how the sections of LSAT-Flex will be weighted. It's quite possible that the single LR section will count for more than 33%. We're hoping that LSAC will give us that information this week, especially given that the deadline to decline is April 15. If you don't know the breakdown of section weight by April 14, email me!

ldamone@manhattanprep.com

Sincerely,
Laura Damone
LSAT Content and Curriculum Lead
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep

DoreneE892
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by DoreneE892 Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:10 am

All those temporary difficulties are getting more and more routine. This is our reality now I guess. I even came across a pack of covid-19 icons when I was looking for ones for my site.

leonalJ493
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by leonalJ493 Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:48 pm

Covid remains relevant to this day and many people are still sick with covid. My sister recently had covid. The information may be useful, if anyone needs it, I can recommend the laboratory http://www.concimed.com/

Michael88J462
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Michael88J462 Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:11 am

My work colleagua recently had covid. She had been vaccinated before, but got sick for the first time. She had mild covid. At the very beginning, when she felt ill, she turned to the laboratory https://numberonelab.com/ , where, according to the results of the analysis. Sincerely wish everyone to be healthy!)

FirewatchguardsF950
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by FirewatchguardsF950 Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:22 pm

Michael88J462
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Michael88J462 Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:23 pm

The best COVID-19 test depends on the individual circumstances, including the availability of testing in your area, the urgency of your need for results, and your healthcare provider's recommendations.

Here are a few types of COVID-19 tests that are currently available:

PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests: These tests are considered the most accurate for detecting current COVID-19 infection. They work by detecting the genetic material of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a sample from the nose or throat. Results can take several days, depending on the laboratory processing the test.

Rapid antigen tests: These tests are less sensitive than PCR tests but can provide results within 15-30 minutes. They detect specific proteins from the SARS-CoV-2 virus in a nasal or throat swab.

Antibody tests: These tests detect antibodies produced by the body in response to a COVID-19 infection. They are not used to diagnose active infections but can be useful in determining if someone has previously been infected with the virus.

Your healthcare provider, for example https://www.concimed.com/ can help determine which test is most appropriate for your situation based on your symptoms, exposure risk, and other factors. It's important to follow their recommendations and any guidelines provided by your local health department.

Michael88J462
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Michael88J462 Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:25 am

There is no clear evidence to suggest that a UTI can escalate after COVID-19 infection. However, COVID-19 is known to weaken the immune system, which may increase the risk of infections, including UTIs.

Some studies have reported that COVID-19 patients may be at a higher risk of developing secondary infections, including UTIs, especially if they are hospitalized or have other underlying health conditions.

In addition, some people with COVID-19 may have a catheter inserted into their bladder, which can increase the risk of developing a UTI.

If you have had COVID-19 and develop symptoms of a UTI, such as pain or burning during urination, frequent urination, or cloudy urine, it's important to seek medical attention. Prompt treatment with antibiotics can help clear the infection and prevent complications.

Very interesting article about this topic https://numberonelab.com/things-to-avoid-when-you-have-a-uti-everything-you-need-to-know/