Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

kiransfatima
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Ch. 3 p. 111 Confusion

by kiransfatima Thu May 09, 2013 3:01 pm

At the top of page 111 is the following paragraph:

"N can occupy any position from two to seven, as can R... Furthermore, because of the way we tend to represent these strays, it can be easy to forget them or misunderstand them. For our image above, for example, it can be very easy to forget that N could be the last element."

However, the last element would be in the 8th position for the Rock Band question, not the 7th as this paragraph would lead you to believe. When I did this example myself I thought the strays could be positioned anywhere from two to eight. So am I correct or is this paragraph correct?

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Ch. 3 p. 111 Confusion

by noah Sun May 12, 2013 10:54 pm

kiransfatima Wrote:At the top of page 111 is the following paragraph:

"N can occupy any position from two to seven, as can R... Furthermore, because of the way we tend to represent these strays, it can be easy to forget them or misunderstand them. For our image above, for example, it can be very easy to forget that N could be the last element."

However, the last element would be in the 8th position for the Rock Band question, not the 7th as this paragraph would lead you to believe. When I did this example myself I thought the strays could be positioned anywhere from two to eight. So am I correct or is this paragraph correct?

Nice catch! You get an extra point on the LSAT!

I'll tell the book production team to change it "seven" to "eight"!