Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

RyanM393
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Bubbling Strategies -

by RyanM393 Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Please provide your best bubbling answers in strategies. Thank you!

Hello - after completing a prep test - I found my bubbling strategy to slow me down or be ineffective. What I would do is wait till the 5 mins remain, and decide now is the time i need to start filling in my bubbles. This cost too much time and I found myself double-checking if I'm putting in the right letters.

I wonder what is the best strategy. Examples I thought of:

Bubble in as I go; with or without circling every answer in the exam itself.
Bubble in at the end of 1 Logic Game/RC Passage and 2 pages of LR arguments.

I'm not sure if there are more strategies or which is proven to be most effective. I understand having individual preference should be a large determining factor in selecting the appropriate strategy - but I can adapt and would prefer the one proven most efficient overall.

Thank you!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3803
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Bubbling Strategies -

by ohthatpatrick Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Maybe other people will try to talk you into doing something more fancy, but my personal strategy / suggestion is simply to bubble each answer when I get one.

My rationale against other schemes:
- worst thing would be running out of time before you bubbled answers for questions you already did

- we'll often want to skip a question and come back to it, so the "save it up for the end of the page" strategy might make us wonder how we should handle the skipped question

- we might want to skip around a lot (do game 3 before game 2 .... do LR from 1-12 and then work backwards from 25) ... if you just bubble each answer when you get it, then it doesn't really matter whether you're skipping around or going through in order

- there's enough stuff to occupy our brains when we're taking an LSAT ... I would prefer to have the simplest possible bubbling strategy, which to me is "I just chose (B) as my answer, let me go bubble it in"

On a related note, you should build the habit of circling the questions in your test booklet that you want to go back to, either because you skipped it or because you'd like to revisit your answer if you still have time left.

Hope this helps.

AlbertaC607
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Bubbling Strategies -

by AlbertaC607 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Read the question. If you think you can come up with an answer quickly, do so and bubble it. If you don't, skip it and move onto the next. Do all the questions you can answer quickly first then go back and do the rest.