The Arcade is a series of Free LSAT games designed to test your skills. Stumped on an Arcade question? Here's the place to get your answers.

Scott S122
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

best way to improve Quant after going through Manhattan Prep

by Scott S122 Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:57 pm

I'm 30 years old and started with a 28Q 42V (580) diagnostic Gmat score (8 years out of college). I started studying for the Quant section of the Gmat summer 2020 and completed the Manhattan Foundations of Math and Advanced Math text books. I then took a Manhattan practice test and scored a 32Q, however halfway through my quant score was a 42. I know I was pretty mentally fatigued out halfway through as well.

I then completely fell off my GMAT studies due to work and just picked up again this past August. I definitely needed to review what I learned since i forgot a lot of it.

I registered with TTP and picked the fast track study plan. I recently resigned from my job, so i literally have ALL day to study. I'm currently doing 8 hours a day. Ive put in about 40 hours to TTP and not only is it very, very extensive, I feel like i'm spending WAY too much time memorizing several approaches to each individual topic and I'm doubting its the best use of my time. I'm not even 10% through yet. Im looking to score at least at 40Q by Mid-October and am seeking advice on the best course of action to move forward. My question is, has anyone been in the same boat and would they either:

Continue with TTP study plan reviewing every single topic tested, then take practice tests, or

Since I know the foundations, just complete 30-35 questions in each topic (Geometry, inequalities, statistics, etc) and thoroughly go through every question and understand why I missed it, referencing the Manhattan books and/or TTP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.