Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

EmilyF997
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

August LSAT Study Timeline

by EmilyF997 Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:28 pm

I have just finished a ten week prep course for the LSAT. I plan to take the August 29th LSAT. I have my score around where I would like it to be, but am concerned about maintaining this (and ensuring I am prepared for whatever the August LSAT may throw at me--having less chance in my actual test day score looking how I would like it to) for the next 5-6 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has advice on a 5-6 week out (or one month out) study plan? Currently, I am reviewing games and questions and doing full section practice with one prep test per week.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 93
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: August LSAT Study Timeline

by Laura Damone Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi!

I'd actually advise you do exactly what you're doing!

Take 1 PT every week. Analyze you're performance.

If it highlights question/game/passage types that you're underperforming on, revisit your notes on that subject, go into Atlas, and find any uncompleted assignments that deal with that subject (More Basics assignments are a good place to start).

If it highlights other patterns of underperformance (say, you're missing questions that should be pretty easy for you, or you're not finishing a section on time), do some execution drills to try to fix the issue. Slow down if you're making mistakes on easier questions. If you're missing strings of questions in a row, harness your mindfulness and let go of each question, reset, and move on to the next confidently. If you're not finishing a section, try pushing your pace on easier work, and try skipping the impossible ones right away without investing any time on them.

Once you've done this targeted practice. Do a section or two of the type you were working on, and compare your performance to your PT performance. Did you improve? If so, well done! If not, back to work!

Happy studying, and good luck in August! Definitely buy the "Score Preview" when it's available. It should be live on Aug 1 on the lsac website!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep