milkyb118
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Advice for logic games, feeling overwhelmed

by milkyb118 Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:45 pm

I’ve just started studying for the LSAT with a practice book that helps with logic games. I’m having a really difficult time working through them, my brain hurts like hell and I feel overwhelmed. Did anyone feel that way when they first started trying them? I just need some reassurance or something because I feel like an idiot trying to solve them. I’m going to take a prep class sometime soon so hopefully that will be more helpful to me.

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 93
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Advice for logic games, feeling overwhelmed

by Laura Damone Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi milkyb!

I'm curious which book you're using: the Logic Games Strategy Guide or the 5lb. Book of LSAT Practice Drills?

I ask because the books serve very different roles in self-study. The Strategy Guide will walk you through games step by step. It's designed to be a comprehensive LG text that will get you from square one to a great LG score. The 5lb Book is a supplement to other study materials. It's an awesome resource to take your performance to the next level, but it's not designed to stand alone.

One thing you should definitely take advantage of is our free Course and Self-Study trials! You can sit in on the first session of our course for free and get some guided introduction to Logic Games that way. You can also try our interactive Self-Study program LSAT Interact for free. In Interact, a teacher walks you through each game one step at a time.

I hope you can join us and get the foundation you need to feel confident in your approach. I felt like a total dolt when I first started playing logic games, too, so I feel your pain! You need a good, consistent system, and a clear calm head. Don't get stressed and down on yourself as you learn. Just focus on executing your process step by step, the same way every time.

Good luck!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep