Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

furqan_shukr
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

10 Real, 15 Real Lsat Books

by furqan_shukr Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 am

Do the 15 Real, Recent LSATs books and 10 Real LSATs Grouped by Question Type contain complete solutions like the three strategy guides do?

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: 10 Real, 15 Real Lsat Books

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm

No they don't. Explanations for most questions can be found from your Homework Explanations tab in your student center - check out the Member Dashboard.

For any game not located in the homework (for example practice LSATs from PT51-PT65) most of those have already been explained on the LSAT forums. If there's a question to a game you have or if you need a setup or help with working through a passage discussion, post your question in the correct forum thread and an instructor will get back to you shortly!

RogerD345
Thanks Received: 4
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

ASAP reply required regarding the Q in this thread & "5lb Bo

by RogerD345 Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:11 am

Hi. I have Manhattan Prep.5th edition. (2016) - LR & LG & RC- : Strategy Guide + Online Tracker (Ebook Version) AND 10 Real LSATs Grouped by Question Type by Manhattan 4th edition. Paper version (which I put the seller ID in my account.)

I was very impressed with Manhattan Prep.5th edition. (2016) - LR & LG & RC- : Strategy Guide + Online Tracker.

SO I just bought "5lb Book of LSAT Practice Drills: Over 5,000 questions across 180 drills". (which shall be published in Jan.2019.) But I have a grave concern after reading an explanations from Manhattan PREP in this thread. Do the answers/Explanations in the "5lb Book of LSAT Practice Drills: Over 5,000 questions across 180 drills" complete or Detailed ENOUGH CompleteISH that are in accordance with the explanations/Teaching philosophy contained in " Manhattan Prep.5th edition. (2016) - LR & LG & RC- : Strategy Guide + Online Tracker" ???

If it is not found to be not good enough explainable , Manhattan Prep is willing to provide additional Online explanation exclusive for the questions featured in "5lb Book of LSAT Practice Drills: Over 5,000 questions across 180 drills". for the purchasers of this book? in IMMEDIATE Manner? cuz I have an upcoming LSAT in January 26th.

Also, I am very impressed with reputations and the avialable sample explanations from the author of , The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide for the Self-Driven Student which is one of the main reason that i continue to buy Manhattan prep's LSAT products. I know he was involved in Manhattan Prep.5th edition. (2016) - LR & LG & RC- : Strategy Guide + Online Tracker. Was he Still involved in developing this product of "5lb Book of LSAT Practice Drills: Over 5,000 questions across 180 drills".

Thank you very much for the reply.

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3803
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

by ohthatpatrick Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Hey, Roger.

No, Mike Kim (author of LSAT Trainer) hasn't been with us for the last few years, so he had nothing to do with the 5 lb book, or the most recent editions of the strategy guides (although as they release new editions they keep much of the old text / format, which he did have a hand in).

The 5 lb. book will have relatively minimal explanations (that's sort of practically necessary for a book that large with that many drill questions). They're also not full on LSAT questions, though. So the explanations don't need to be super long for most of them.

If people have questions beyond that, they're welcome to post those on the forum and assuming those people have green/blue accounts (book readers or paid Mprep students) then a moderator will answer those questions within a few days.

We don't have the budget to pay moderators to answer all incoming questions, so we answer brand new questions from orange names but leave the follow-ups for other forum users to answer.

Hope that all made sense.

RogerD345
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

by RogerD345 Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi. Thank you so much for the kind, detailed, and fast reply. i am convinced that I will still buy 5lb book after listening the kind and honest enough explanations; i am convinced now that it is what i need. haha.

RogerD345
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

by RogerD345 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 pm

ohthatpatrick Wrote:Hey, Roger.

No, Mike Kim (author of LSAT Trainer) hasn't been with us for the last few years, so he had nothing to do with the 5 lb book, or the most recent editions of the strategy guides (although as they release new editions they keep much of the old text / format, which he did have a hand in).

The 5 lb. book will have relatively minimal explanations (that's sort of practically necessary for a book that large with that many drill questions). They're also not full on LSAT questions, though. So the explanations don't need to be super long for most of them.

If people have questions beyond that, they're welcome to post those on the forum and assuming those people have green/blue accounts (book readers or paid Mprep students) then a moderator will answer those questions within a few days.

We don't have the budget to pay moderators to answer all incoming questions, so we answer brand new questions from orange names but leave the follow-ups for other forum users to answer.

Hope that all made sense.

Hi . Patrick. I just bought Mike Kim's The Lsat Trianer and realized that every words you mentioned is 100% correct; I was particular impressed with that you guys "kept the core/most useful part of explanation philosophy, co-developed with Mike KIm, but developed and sophisticated." are true. I cannot now wait to try the 5lb practice LSAT drill. No wonder Manhattan Prep and the LSAT Trainer are the two of most respected names in LSAT Preparations in the LSAT Preparation students. Thank you so much for not being a honest salesman and not of likes of who would do anything to get another sale.