Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
bibskolkata2012
Forum Guests

Working on a Real-life Advertising Project

by bibskolkata2012 Thu May 30, 2013 6:52 pm

It’s an exciting opportunity to work with one of India’s leading advertising agencies, R.K.Swamy BBDO. New York based BBDO worldwide, often regarded as the world’s largest network of advertising agencies, is the parent body of R.K.Swamy BBDO.
Besides advertising, the Kolkata unit of the company is engaged into market research and consultancy. The Kolkata office handles the creative duties of some key accounts both in the private and public sector.
It’s been a month since I have joined the organization as a summer intern, and the experience so far has been fantastic. As my specialization is marketing, I have been assigned a project that primarily deals with the potential market mapping of the cement industry in North East India.
It was a challenging work, and I have successful completed the assigned task within my deadline. The project involves several analysis of secondary data involving both financial as well as sales details of the cement manufacturing companies in the region.
My industry guide is very resourceful and cooperative, and has giving me the scope to try my hands on different things.
I am anxiously waiting to see my hard work bear fruits as one of my assignments related to advertising design of a new service is about to be launched in the city. It incorporates key marketing exercises, such as positioning and brand building.
I have become much more confident after my SIP. I believe that my tenure at R.K.Swamy BBDO would help me in developing a practical insight about marketing and communications.
olivialeeper
Forum Guests

Re: Working on a Real-life Advertising Project

by olivialeeper Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 am

these are all paid intern?? & how is the final placement of the current year batch 2013??