If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
claures

When to hire an Admissions Consultant (time-wise)

by claures Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:36 am

I am planning on applying to schools in early Fall 2008 for the Fall 2009 programs. I started early and got my GMAT out of the way. I am pretty sure I want to hire an admissions consultant, but I am not sure when I should start pursuing this. How early should I get started? My plan was to start doing my own research now, but how early on should I get an admissions consultant involved?
MBA Mission

Re: When to hire an Admissions Consultant (time-wise)

by MBA Mission Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Thank you for your inquiry.

Generally, we start working with most candidates a few weeks before the essays are released in June. However, every year, we do have a group of particularly committed candidates who start far earlier and benefit from some ongoing guidance in terms of long range planning. By starting earlier, we can target your weaknesses and develop a plan for mitigating them. Further, we can help you take steps now (preparing your resume, planning campus visits, etc.) that will help build your candidacy going forward.

Because we work by the package, as opposed to the hour, we work with candidates at no additional fee if they choose to start now. So, if you are certain that you will be applying, it might be something to consider.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

claures Wrote:I am planning on applying to schools in early Fall 2008 for the Fall 2009 programs. I started early and got my GMAT out of the way. I am pretty sure I want to hire an admissions consultant, but I am not sure when I should start pursuing this. How early should I get started? My plan was to start doing my own research now, but how early on should I get an admissions consultant involved?