What is the penulty for Not completing IR section in time

by arnabgangully Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:53 am

What is the penulty for Not completing IR section in time
nyc917
Course Students

Re: What is the penulty for Not completing IR section in time

by nyc917 Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 am

arnabgangully Wrote:What is the penalty for Not completing IR section in time

Just try your best and move as quickly as possible. Speed it up when you see something you can tackle quickly; go slow when you need time to figure stuff out, such as the little logic game or multi-source reasoning question types. At least for me, I need time to read these questions, diagram / draw out the scenarios, then answer the questions. So, when you see a quant question that looks easy (venn diagram, rate question...etc), speed up your pace so you can conserve enough powder for difficult, verbal questions.

Don't panic when you can't complete every question. Quality is more important than quantity - you do not have to answer every question correctly to get a perfect score. If you answer 9 or 10 out of 10 in your first 10 questions and if you run out of time, just take a guess on the last 2 questions. I don't think getting 9 or 10 out of 12 will get you anything lower than a 7 on IR. Just don't leave anything blank.
tim
Course Students

Re: What is the penulty for Not completing IR section in time

by tim Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm

The penalty will be at least as bad as what would happen if you got those remaining questions wrong. You definitely need to get in the habit of answering all the questions one way or the other, because it's good practice for the math and verbal sections. Many students have difficulty with the timing on IR, so be sure to make timing a priority on this section of the test.
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html