amarlife58
Forum Guests

what is fault with me ?

by amarlife58 Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 am

I , a nonnative english speaker, wanted to obtain GMAT score above 650, verbal-32 and quant-48. At my first attempt, i appeared for MGMAT-1 one year ago and got 600, verbal-31 and quant-45. But the nightmare was that in 2011 january i finally got 500, verbal-16 and quant-45 on the real exam. However, after one and half year within which i completed my MBA(Marketing) and joined in a Bank as professional. During my job performance, i thought to do more than my present, so i decided to appear for the GMAT exam again and left the job forever since three months only for reading gmat. This time i sited for the same MGMAT test 1- and got 690, verbal-34 and quant-50. so i feel better in relation to my past experience. I dare to be confident to get for the 2nd attempt at least 650 on real exam. But the nightmare was come again. I got 530,v-18 and q-46 on sunday last(5/8/12). My quant part was completed 15 minutes earlier, causing 23 minutes break. after this break my mental ability seemed to fresh and energetic. i picked each verbal choice reading well, but at the end the worst result appeared on the screen. I know rules for approaching from mgmat forum and all 9 books of mgmat, but i can not apply to the real exam. What is fault with me here ? I got 650 and 690 in new gp 1 and 2. I used OG -12,13, Gp question solution from mgmat forum.

Present GMAT:
IR is much more easier than that of gp
quant over flooded by modulus, inequality, and geometric progression.
verbal: i could not keep that in my mind to present, in cr- assumption, weaken, and evaluate. in rc- about genetic classification based on cultural traits, employees downsizing is a mistake of organizational managers. - in sc i did not form any rules.

why can't i apply my learning in gmat ?
what are the lackings in my learning?
how should i study again for this?
what i need to have for GMAC's verbal style or pattern?
Can't it be at all possible to overcome my 16-18 boundary forever?

PLZ help !
tim
Course Students

Re: what is fault with me ?

by tim Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 am

well, a big part of success on the GMAT - and the business world in general - is accuracy and attention to detail. i would suggest rewriting your post so it is grammatically correct (this is very helpful practice for the AWA and SC), then repost in the correct forum. IR is not the correct forum to post questions of this type..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html