The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
hellbent

what in the world happened:kindly suggest

by hellbent Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:44 am

I had my gmat on 16 of august
I got bombed and scored humiliating 650(Q48,v32)
I had prepared for two months and put my heart in the preparation.
I was scoring 680-720 in the practice tests ,including GMATPrep,Kaplan,Princeton,Crack-Gmat.
Dont know exactly what went wrong and dont even know ..where to go from here .
AWA was pretty easy, took a deep breadth and wrote good 4-5 paragraphs ..it did not cause any stress .

Quant was really tough,I got a mixture problem as a first question.very tough questions in math, not what i had seen in the past .Questions were very time consuming and tricky..so i had a little time crunch but managed somehow..dint xpect to score 48 ..as i had consistently scored 49-50 in quants in all practice tests.

In verbal i thought i was going pretty good ,was expecting atleast high thirties , got four RC but they pretty much manageable.

To my horror, when i saw my score 650..i just could not believe itand 32 in verbal has been my least

PLease people help me ..don't know whether i should write the xam again ..since there looks to be a lot of scope for improvemnt.. and also 650 is nt a good score.I am an IT profeesional with 1.5 years of experience .
I was considering these universities for application .
NAnyang busines school
Carnegie mellon-Tepper
Iowa Business school
Purdue
Michigan

kindly suggest are there any chances to get thru with this profile and score and how is the course MFE and is it comparable to mba in any form ..am too confused kindly help ..

Thanks in advance