If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
OSUfootball

Wharton interview chances, post-invite?

by OSUfootball Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:51 am

anyone have a sense of the acceptance rate among applicants who interview at wharton? now that i have an invite, have my odds gone to 1-in-3? 1-in-4? does this differ between R1 and R2 applicants? thanks!

from what i have heard....

by guest Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:00 pm

chances not as great as getting an HBS or Stanford interview...b/c Wharton interviews more people....overall probability is probably about 40% -- your specific odds depends on the strength of your overall application.....some may walk in with low shot....others may walk in with great shot as long as they don't make any egregious mistakes...not everyone walks into interview equally....it's not a clean slate as far as I understand.

hope that helps...

p.s - not an admissions consultant
MBAApply

by MBAApply Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:12 pm

What the previous poster said is pretty much true.

Wharton interviews around 40 - 50% of the applicant pool, and then of that around 30 - 40% get admitted. And since the interview at Wharton is just one piece of the overall application (i.e. it's not like HBS where it's make-or-break), not everyone who gets interviewed has the same shot. In other words, you can have an amazing interview and still not get in, or you can have a run-of-the-mill serviceable interview and still get in.

Good luck

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com