Verbal question you found somewhere else? General issue with idioms or grammar? Random verbal question? These questions belong here.
PriyankaR833
Students

Unlike most other species of cat, regardless of being domest

by PriyankaR833 Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 am

Unlike most other species of cat, (regardless of being domesticated or not, the claws of the cheetah are not
retractable and so it is more like a dog in that way.)
• regardless of being domesticated or not, the claws of the cheetah are not retractable and so it is more like
a dog in that way
• domestic or wild, the cheetah does not have retractable claws and so is more like a dog in that respect
• regardless of domestication or not, the cheetah's claws are not retractable and so it more like a dog in that
respect
• domestic or wild, the claws of the cheetah are not retractable and so it is more like a dog in that way
• domestic or wild, the cheetah does not have retractable claws and so they are more like a dog's in that
respect

I have some very silly doubts here....
Unlike cats,dogs(not a dog) love bones.
Now here 'most other species of cat' is it plural or singular(I am aware that illogical elements are compared over here,but currently I am intrigued about the number of this 'most other species of cat' phrase.Writing 'most other species of cats' would have changed the number?
Secondly,
• domestic or wild, the cheetah does not have retractable claws and (so) is more like a dog in that respect
here what is the usage of preposition 'so'(I guess so is a preposition :roll: )
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Unlike most other species of cat, regardless of being domest

by RonPurewal Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:34 pm

hi,
please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules of this forum before you post here. the forum rules are posted at the top of this folder.

in particular:

• we can't discuss problems of unknown provenance.
when you post a problem in this folder, you MUST cite the ORIGINAL SOURCE of the problem -- in other words, the company/person/entity that actually produced the problem and holds the copyright to it. (secondhand sources, such as other forums, are not acceptable.)

• all problems must be posted EXACTLY as originally provided -- including all answer choices -- and the correct answer must be specified.

this thread is now locked. if this problem is from a source that's allowed here, please re-post your question in accordance with the forum rules. thank you.