The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
StT Thomas84

TOOK THE GMAT - 690

by StT Thomas84 Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi Guys

I took the GMAT on Tuesday 10/07 and of course I wasn't enthused by my score. (Q46, V39). It was my first attempt and my preparation was less than ideal. There are no good GMAT tutors in Accra. I used only two books: Kaplan & Princeton Review. I got tips from you guys on here and at beattheGMAT. I scored 720 on the MGMAT Free Test and 700 & 730 on the GMAT Prep.

I appreciate your help a great deal. Later I will write about how I made the most of my meagre resources. But for now lemme know what you think of my chances of getting into B School with my score.

Let me give you guys a bit of background:

I am an African from Ghana
I went to the University of Ghana Business School and left with a 3.66 GPA
I am an analyst in corporate finance with a Bank listed on the Ghana stock exchange.
I have three years' experience
I have worked on projects across sectors like Power, Telecoms, Mining and Real Estate
I manage the bank's assets in the carbon market.
I've written a number of articles on the carbon market and the opportunities in it for Africa.
I am midway through qualifying for the ACCA, the professional qualification for Accountants in British territories.
I have a certificate in Advanced Project Finance from Euromoney Training, UK
My mentor is a Park Fellow from Johnson and will write a reference letter for me.

What do you guys think my chances are of getting into Cornell? What of the following schools:

Sloan
INSEAD
Fisher
Fuqua
Fox

Thank you and waiting for your responses.