If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
liu1993918
Students

Time Issue

by liu1993918 Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:06 am

Hi, Kate.
I actually will apply for MSF of 2016, not MBA.
I got 99 on the Toefl and a lot of programs require the applicants a 100 score. And I am also doing an internship in an investment bank to get more experiences.
I am very confused whether should I retake the Toefl and whether should I continue my internship. Please, give me some suggestions.

My current situation is not very good. I just started to choose my target school a week before, so I don't start to prepare my essays. I do have a draft version of resume. And I plan to send my application in Round 1 or Round 2.

I don't know what decision would be wise. Please, give me some suggestions.
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Time Issue

by mbaMissionKate Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi! Thanks for the update. I'm glad you've narrowed in on the MSF.

The internship sounds great - I would definitely continue that if you can.

On the TOEFL - some schools don't publish a minimum but have a recommended guideline. I know some of the top MBA programs recommend a 104+ score. If the school's 100 is a hard and fast requirement then you will need to retake. You could try contacting the school and asking for an exception but I think you'd have to have something pretty convincing and I'm not sure how responsive they'd be to that.

Try to tackle things one-by-one...like get your resume nailed down...then outline your essays first before writing...then work on any short answer questions in the application itself. I know it's a lot of work but hang in there and let us know if we can help!

Kate
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php