If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
cindyqtran

the question about work experience

by cindyqtran Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi
I was wondering if you could give me some b-schools that tend to accept undergrads straight out of college? From what I know, Stanford and USC tend to do so, but if I could have a more comprehensive list, that would be much appreciated.

my stats: GPA: 3.82, GMAT: n/a (but hopefully high 600s)

thanks!

by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Most will consider applicants without post-college experience. But even at schools like Stanford, it's literally 1 - 2% of the class.

Fresh college grads usually have stellar academics (usually near the top of the class), stellar GMAT, and exceptional extracurriculars (i.e. fundraising for a student organization isn't exceptional).

High 600s won't do it as a fresh grad. Try 740+.

Also, unless you were some super overachiever - you were a nationally ranked athlete, you were a performing artist (musician, actor, etc.) at some professional level, or you have some exceptional leadership activities (starting a *real* business with full-time employees, significant responsibilities over some large organization, politics, etc.) you really should try working for a few years.

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com