Share your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions regarding your ManhattanGMAT course and curriculum.
pranav.prabhash
Forum Guests

thanks Manhattan GMAT !!

by pranav.prabhash Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:04 pm

I would like to thanks Manhattan GMAT for their brilliant SC guide, and their CAT tests. I finally gave the GMAT and managed a 710(Q-50, V-36) which is a bit disappointing score for me, but an 'ok' improvement compared to the first test score of 660 (Q-51 V-28) that i got 1.5 months back on the GMAT prep. I did give 3 of the Manhattan CAT tests (690, 740, 680) which definitely helped improve my temperament and i cannot stress more that learning to make educated guesses is really really crucial during an exam.

Working as a mechanical engineer, quantitative came naturally and my main focus was verbal and your SC guide was of great help and it is undoubtedly the best in the market by far.

I have to admit though that GMAT preparation was the most boring and dumbest experience, especially Sentence correction and Reading comprehension, and i wish there was a more fun way to learn extremely stupid grammar rules (humour intended :) ) and develop interest while reading some cryptic science passage. I also gave a few GMAT paper tests and realised that while on the paper tests the sections on verbal were separated into SC, RC and CR, and you can score high if you are good in any two sections while allowing for certain mistakes in the other, the computer adaptive test forces you to be good in all three. That i found really hard to do in a short time. I wish on the GMAT as well the verbal sections were seperated into SC, RC and CR.

Anyways in the end, thanks for all the fantastic material !!