Have any questions or thoughts about the testing center, scratch pad, etc.? Share them here.
hongdavid
Course Students

Technical Difficulty at Test Center

by hongdavid Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:17 am

Hello MGMAT Community,
Please excuse me if I have posted this under the incorrect area, but I would like some advice regarding the GMAT I took today. I took the GMAT at the Pearson test center in San Francisco. During my 2nd break, in between Quant and Verbal, I was notified that the system has locked up/crashed and they would not be able to log me back into the system until they fix the issue. I was ready to proceed with the test after my 8 minutes were up but they couldn't let me in. The technical problem was fixed after 25 minutes, but by the time I got to my desk to resume the test, I only had 50 minutes of time to complete Verbal. I proceeded with the test but as expected, I was not able to complete the Verbal section. I still wanted to generate scores to see my Quant score, but knew that the overall score was not a true reflection of my abilities. The staff at the Test Center was helpful and very apologetic and provided me with the GMAC number and filed a report on my behalf.
I have already emailed the GMAC and will call in on Monday, but I should have a pretty good argument that I should be able to retake the test without paying the fee and not wait the 30 window period?
Any thoughts?

Thanks!