If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
DipayanC265
Students

Suggestions based off my profile

by DipayanC265 Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello,

I am Dipayan Chattopadhyay ( or just Dipayan ) . I gave my GMAT exam recently and got a score of 690 . I am confused about which all schools will be best for me with this current profile either in US or in Canada.

Complete Profile:

1. GMAT : 690 ( Q : 48 V: 36 IR : 8 )
2. Have Completed my MS degree from University of Cincinnati with a 4.0 GPA.
3. Completed my undergraduate from India with a 4.0 GPA.
4. Have a work experience of almost 2 years now ( 1.5 years Full time + .5 years full time employment as an Internship ).

I work in US in a digital marketing firm that makes tons of websites for automotive retail dealers. I work in a team which works to analyze this data and derives business conclusions and visualize them.

5. Leadership roles:

I have organized several technical symposiums and events during my undergraduate course. During this time, I had to manage teams of fellow students with a size group of roughly 1 - 30 other students.

Apart from that I don't have any experience in leadership roles from my Job's point of view.

6. My Interests

My primary interest is to stick to the technology domain but making a transition to product management roles/ Consulting roles.

With, this background how feasible is it to get into top schools like:

1. Rotman School of management Toronto.
2. Tepper School of Business Carngenie Mellon.
3. Mc Combs School of Management University of Texas at Austin.
4. Kelly School of Business Indiana University
5. Mendoza College of Business , University of Notre Dame.
6. Foster School of business, University of Washington.
7. NUS Singapore

Any other suggestions also will be greatly appreciated.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Suggestions based off my profile

by mbamissionjenK Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:08 am

Hi there Dipayan,

Thanks for posting. Are you considering applying now to start next year, or a year later than that? I think with your GMAT the schools you listed are fairly reasonable if slightly a reach in some cases; the biggest challenge may be fewer leadership experiences (and slightly fewer than average years of experience), so if you were able to bump up your leadership and potentially community experiences by applying in another year that could make a fairly decent impact. It would also be ideal to have some progression and results-oriented accomplishments at work. Keep us posted on your questions and what you decide!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php