Share your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions regarding your ManhattanGMAT course and curriculum.
joseph greer

Suggested Improvement to OG Tracker

by joseph greer Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 pm

I have a suggestion for a change to the OG Tracker spreadsheet which should add value to the course.

Reference the problem numbers using three full digits every time.

Example: Instead of listing DS-Q1 and DS-Q14, list them as DS-Q001 and DS-Q014.

The reason for this is that it will make the spreadsheet sort correctly. Currently, sorting ranks DS-Q103 < DS-Q3 because evaluates strings using alphabetical rules rather than numeric ones.

This change would be quick and easy to make and would significantly improve the task of cutting and pasting Problemlist.xls results into the tracker.

Hope that helps.
anatkramer

I agree... and also

by anatkramer Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:06 am

I agree.
I end up writing down the corresponding numbers in the book.

Another suggestion (a bit more complicated) :
Since we know what each question is testing in both verbal and quantitative sections, why not narrow down on the exact subjects that we have to focus on.
If the OG stopwatch will know the questions that I'm answering and I answer 17 out of 20 correctly, then I may think that I'm doing alright. If those 3 questions all happen to deal with prime numbers, then maybe I should be alerted or my results should be analyzed. This becomes more crucial when 10 out of 20 are right and I can tell that 7 of them were related to prime numbers and 3 were related to exponents. I know that I should focus more on prime numbers.
If I could see a bar graph with each type of question and how proficient I am at those subjects, that would be amazing. Also, then I could see how this progresses over time.

If you answer too many questions in the OG stopwatch, it looks like this? The bottom rows are blacked out. FYI