Verbal problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
JbhB682
Course Students

Similar topic to practice

by JbhB682 Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am

Hi Experts - this is a GMAT prep question and the OA is A ...

Reviewing the solution for C... C is wrong because answer choice C talks about the past and it may not be represent the present situation ...

As i try to internalize / practice this concept,

Question : are you aware of which OG problems or other GMAT problems i can practice this concept re: why C is wrong ..

Reviewing the Ron Purewal videos, informed this topic / concept is frequently tested (i.e answer choice will talk about the past but that does not mean, it is accurate in the present or the future)

Thank you !

Which of the following most logically completes the argument below?

Twenty percent of the stores in Morganville's downtown shopping district will fail within five years because they will be competing directly with the SaveMart discount department store newly opened in East Morganville. The downtown shopping district has lost business at this rate before and has always completely rebounded. Confidence that it will rebound again from the losses it is now about to suffer is ill founded, however, because ________ .

(A) the stores likely to be put out of business by direct competition from SaveMart are the downtown shopping district's anchor stores, on whose ability to draw shoppers many of the other downtown stores depend.

(B) the bus line that has long connected the downtown are of Morganville with EastMorganville has a tradition of carrying shoppers who reside in EastMorganville into downtown Morganville to shop.

(C) when the downtown shopping district has rebounded before, the business premises of a failed business were typically taken over by a business of the same kind as had been there before

(D) SaveMart's business plan for the EastMorgalvill store is based on earning low profits, if any, during the first five years of the store's existence.

(E) it is conceivable that the downtown shopping district could shrink substantially without collapsing altogether
Sage Pearce-Higgins
Forum Guests

Re: Similar topic to practice

by Sage Pearce-Higgins Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 am

Please search before posting: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/foru ... tml#p34818

I'd recommend the Stengthen / Weaken chapter in the CR strategy guide.