If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
NicoleK861
Forum Guests

Should I submit GMAT or GRE?

by NicoleK861 Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi,

I have a V 168 + Q 168 (95th) on the GRE [=780 by current ETS converter], and V 46 + Q 47 (68th!) [750] on the GMAT.

I'm applying to HBS 2+2 and Stanford deferred entry R1. Should I a) only report GRE, b) report GMAT and state GRE in "additional information" and on resume, or c) report GRE and have GMAT in info and resume?

Thanks!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Should I submit GMAT or GRE?

by mbamissionjenK Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi there,

Great job on the exams!

I would probably aim to show both since you did so well on the GMAT with a 750, but also so well on quant on the GRE.

If you are still uncertain you can always share with the admissions office now and ask if they have a preference.

Good luck on your applications and let us know how else we can help!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
NicoleK861
Forum Guests

by NicoleK861 Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks! When you say share with the admissions office, you mean I can just email them with my scores and ask which one they would rather see on my application, and they won't mind?

Do you think I should feature my GRE score because it's better both overall and in quant or GMAT because it's standard? The HBS app allows only one score to be officially submitted, but I can put the other one on my resume.
Last edited by NicoleK861 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi Nicole,

I would report the 750, just thought since your quant score was higher on the GRE that it doesn't hurt to mention/include that as well where you are able to.

And generally you can ask questions of the admissions committee yes-- you may not always get an answer but when you are truly in a dilemma it often doesn't hurt to ask for advice. ;)

Good luck and great job on your scores.

ps-- certainly good advice as well, just a note that Jillian is not affiliated with mbaMission, to clarify. ;)
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
NicoleK861
Forum Guests

by NicoleK861 Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Thanks all for your help!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:45 pm

You are welcome, keep us posted and all the best!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com