If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
sanaa@2k5j899
Prospective Students

Shall i take GMAT for the fourth time ?

by sanaa@2k5j899 Mon May 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi,

I took GMAT for the third time 2 months ago and scored 640 and before that my scores in the previous two attempts were 610 and 680. I wish to write it for the fourth time but have this fear what if i score < 680. Is it going to impact my application ?
Also, I'm an Indian IT Female, with pretty good percentage. I come from one of the top Engineering colleges in India. I work for one of the top S/W companies. My extra-curricular is avg.Have done couple of activities to demonstrate my leadership skills. I want to apply in top 10 b-schools. So is taking GMAT for the fourth time the right option ? Please advise.
Thanks.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Shall i take GMAT for the fourth time ?

by mbamissionjenK Tue May 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi there,

Sounds like in your scenario, you could go either way with it. If you are aiming for schools outside, say the top 15 or so, I think you can stick with the 680 and go from there. If you are looking more competitively, you could consider one more time... IF you get some great preparation/help and you see practice test results that indicate you should be able to score higher. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
sanaa@2k5j899
Prospective Students

by sanaa@2k5j899 Wed May 14, 2014 1:28 am

Thank you Jennifer. I will write it again.
Thanks.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 am

You are welcome, good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php