Verbal question you found somewhere else? General issue with idioms or grammar? Random verbal question? These questions belong here.
NinaM212
Course Students

sentence correction overall help!

by NinaM212 Sat May 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello! I am really struggling with sentence correction. SC is supposed to be the easiest section to improve in but mine isn't. I have read the Manhattan sentence correction book and have done that practice problems in the OG guide but I'm still scoring poorly in this section. Do you recommend I reread the Manhattan strategy guide? Or should I continue to do problems?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Sage Pearce-Higgins
Forum Guests

Re: sentence correction overall help!

by Sage Pearce-Higgins Tue May 28, 2019 5:38 am

I'm sorry to hear that. There are many things that could be causing you trouble; it would be great to hear a bit more information about what kind of errors you make, and what kind of review process you have. Here are a few scenarios:
-You get confused when you're doing SC problems because all the answers start to sound weird.
-You get confused when you're doing SC problems because you're trying to work out some grammar analysis.
-You get some problems correct, but you're not really sure why.
-When you review a problem, you find it hard to understand the explanation.
-When you review a problem, you can understand the explanation, but you don't know how to apply the concept to other problems.

Do any of these sound applicable to you?