If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SmrutiP907
Students

SELECTING 5 B SCHOOLS ON GMAT EXAM DAY

by SmrutiP907 Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:08 pm

PLEASE GUIDE ME WHICH 5 B-SCHOOLS TO SELECT ON THE DAY OF GMAT EXAM

PROFILE :

Class X : 86.67%

Class XII: 84.4 %

B.Tech : 8.93 CGPA out of 10( Chemical Engineering in NIT Rourkela, INDIA )

WORK-EXP : Indian Oil Corporation Limited ( more than 4 years in oil &Refining sector , with project experience)

Others : Involved in CSR -IOCL, have certificates for event organizers during college tech-fests

TARGET GMAT Score : 700

TARGET COURSE : MBA ( 1yr /2yr) , Supply chain Management /Operations , or general management

After an initial study through various universities websites and my topic of interest, ROI and tuition fees , My selected universities for which i will applying in no particular order

1 . ISB, Hyderbad

2.University of Texas , Austin (Mx combs)

3. Michigan (Ross school of Business)

4. Carey School (ASU)

5.TEpper (CMU)

6. Georgia Institute of Technology-Schuller College of Business

7.University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign

8.Texas A&M University, mays Business School, College station

9.NUS

10.University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill

11. Yale school of Management : ( Bit too costly )

12. Darthmouth :Tuck school of Business(Bit too costly )

13.University of California, Berkley(Walter A. Haas School of Business)

Please help me in selecting 5 schools out of the above , with GMAT score of around 700 and my interest area.Also please suggest if any other college that I haven't mentioned in this list which is worth applying for.

Thanks !!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: SELECTING 5 B SCHOOLS ON GMAT EXAM DAY

by mbamissionjenK Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi there,

Hmm, thanks for posting... but I'm not sure it would be that useful for me to arbitrarily choose "5 schools" out of your 13 for you?? I don't feel I know quite enough about what you are looking for in a school and more about you etc.... there are a lot of factors to consider... For more on choosing schools, check out our free download at: http://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book.

The toughest on your list to get into will likely be Haas & Tuck, followed by Yale. I'm not sure if you are saying you plan to apply to all 13?? As that would be quite an undertaking. ;)

Keep in mind you can still send score reports later if you don't send the scores day-of the GMAT as well.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php