The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
shailesh

scored 760

by shailesh Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 pm

Just came back from center. Scored 760. M 51 V 42.

Will write a debrief soon.
shailesh

got 760

by shailesh Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi all,

It has been quite a ride for last 3 months i have been preparing for gmat. I work full time so getting time to study was a challenge. By the way, my profile:

Age 26
IIT bombay, aerospace engg, btech
Pennstate, aerospace engg, MS
working in GM, R&D, in michigan for last 3 years.

I realized first thing to get started is to get a date, otherwise I was just not getting motivated. Here are some aspects of my prep in a haphazard fashion..:)

Prep time: 3 months, weekdays for about 2 hours, weekends 4 hours.

Prep material: OG10, OG11, 1000 SC/CR/RC, sets, gmatprep, manhattan tests, princeton cd, and of course scoretop. Among the tests gmatprep was the closest but manhattan ones were not far from the actual tests either. In manhattan tests, scoring was little easy, but the level of questions was on the tougher side compared to gmatprep. Princeton was all rite. Just like one more practice test. I also tried my hand at kaplan CD but didnt like the experience. RCs in kaplan CD are way too hard.
It might sound funny but when starting I thot I would finish all questions available and then would have to just repeat the same questions from OG and sets, but when I found the 1000 series I was delighted. Especially for 1000 sc, scoretop has a gud discussion on almost every question.

AWA: glanced thru 800gmat guide and mentally wrote some essays couple of dayz before exam.

quant: Didnt do any prep for quant, just wat i practiced in full length tests.

verbal: spent a alot of time on SCs in every resource I mentioned before. My accuracy improved frm 75% to 90% in a month. For RCs, just stuck to 1000 RC. For CR, went thru some LSAT CRs in 1000 CR question and completed the sample questions in OG11.

practice scores:
gmatprep1: 770 (2 weeks ago)
gmatprep2: 760 (taken 1 day ago)
powerprep: 770
manhattan CAT1: 760
manhattan CAT2: 790
manhattan (non-adaptive1): 740
manhattan (non-adaptive1): 770
princeton1: 720
princeton2: 730
kaplan online1: 730
kaplan online2: 750

sets(1:20): In general 2 mistakes in quant and 4-7 mistakes in verbal.

Test day:
was quite normal. I already saw the place once so driving was smooth. After completing all the routine requirements, I was there at the front of computer. AWA was allrite. I am pretty sure that I nailed the analysis of argument; not 100% sure about the analysis of issue though. Took the 10 mins break. Quant was easy. I didnt falter at any question and completed 10 mins earlier. No surprises in quant. Got two probability questions, one on rolling dices. Took 10 mins break. Had some coffee bar and water. Verbal started with 3 SCs and 2 CRs. RCs in general were easy but with harder questions. On 2-3 RC questions, it was a close call and based on my score I believe I might have clicked the wrong one. Saw one CR from questions i think. SCs were a bit harder than OG and gmatprep. Finished verbal 5 mins earlier. Actually I was thinking I would get more on verbal (i got 42). It is among the lowest verbal scores I received in practice tests. But I am not complaining. It is over now..and m happy.

Final words: Have the right attitude and motivation.
good luck.
futurehero

Need for material

by futurehero Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:06 am

hi, could you share Manhattan's materail?? Is it available on the internet for free of cost?