If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
r

school guides

by r Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:21 pm

Has anyone purchased any clear admit School guides?
They're supposed to give you the inside scoop on that school and help you in your selections.

disappointed

by guest Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 pm

I purchased one that was not very helpful. There was not much information in the guide that one could not obtain simply by doing internet research and reading the school's websites. Not worth the $$ in my opinion. I bought the Stanford guide.
OSUfootball

hbs and wharton guides

by OSUfootball Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 am

i bought two clearadmit guides (hbs and wharton) back in september. while i agree that a good amount of the info could have been found by combing the web and talking with students/alums, i found the guides to be valuable because they allowed me to quickly grab all the info (kind of an executive summary). i also liked the fact that the guides followed a similar structure (made it easy for comparisons, etc) - this was not the case with the schools' individual web sites. in any event, i ended up relying on the guides when working on my essays and have recently gone back to the wharton guide to prep for my interview. on the downside, i would have liked to see more in the way of student quotes or interviews with professors - but overall i liked the two guides i've read. anyway, that's just my two cents.
OSUfootball

hbs and wharton guides

by OSUfootball Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:09 am

i bought two clearadmit guides (hbs and wharton) back in september. while i agree that a good amount of the info could have been found by combing the web and talking with students/alums, i found the guides to be valuable because they allowed me to quickly grab all the info. i also liked the fact that the guides followed a similar structure (made it easy for comparisons, etc) - this was not the case with the schools' individual web sites. in any event, i ended up relying on the guides when working on my essays and have recently gone back to the wharton guide to prep for my interview. on the downside, i would have liked to see more in the way of student quotes or interviews with professors. anyway, that's just my two cents.