The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
Saurabh Malpani

Saurabh Malpani 710 (Q48, V 38)

by Saurabh Malpani Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 pm

Hello,

First of all Thanks to Jardan Lee (My tutor at MGMAT), Stacey Koprince and Ron Purewal.

I took my exam at Chicago --and scored 710 (Q48 85%, V 38 85%). Though I was expecting something in the range of 740-760 but I am ok to cross the 700+ barrier.

My experience form the exam--I probably screwed up SC, I think GMAT SCs were very hard. I don't know what SCs were testing but I didn't get what I had prepared for. But I think I more than made up for in CRs and RCs. I am almost certain that i got 95% of them correct. SCs brought my verbal score down. Probably if I take GMAT again I might be able do better in Verbal.

Maths, I thought I did pretty well but I was surprised to see 85% percentile. I am very strong in Quant but may be I over concentrated on verbal and neglected Quant. Infact I ran out of time in Maths.

Anyway with that, HATS OFFFF!!!! TO MGMAT. Without MGMAT I couldn't have succeed. I am not just saying for the sake of it. Trust me MGMAT just Rocks.

They might be expensive but they teach you how to do things Right the very first Time. Ofcourse one has to put in efforts MGMAT can only guide you.

Again they are the BEST!!!!!!!!!
CJ

by CJ Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:24 am

hi saurabh,

could you post your scores from MGMAT CATs?

I am trying to judge how close I am to my target of 750 in the real GMAT. My CAT scores are something like
cat 2 - 700 (M43, V41)
cat 3 - 740 (M47, V45)
cat 4 - 700 (M45, V39)

I find it difficult to finish the math section on time. In the most recent test (CAT4), I could only attempt 25 questions (I got 21 right out of these); Randomly guessed the rest. Did you find the math section tough to complete?
Saurabh Malpani

by Saurabh Malpani Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm

CJ,
following are my scores from MGMAT CAT:

cat 2 - 730 (M49, V41)
cat 3 - 720 (M48, V4)
cat 4 - 750 (M50, V42)
cat 5 - 730 (M48, V41)

Actually Maths was very difficult, even I couldn't find my exams on times. To be honest maths is way easier in Real GMAT than MGMAT provided you don't make silly mistake (I made lot of them, i figured that later). I think Verbal is little easy in MGMAT.

Overall I didn't touch ANYTHING except OG and MGMAT material. No Kaplan, No Princeton, NO SETS, SC1000s or CR 1000s. Nothing Just OG OG OG MGMAT MGMAT. I would suggest that if you can hit MATHS and take it up into 50s it will boost your score to 740+. I missed 740 just because I couldn't score 50 in MATHS Sob! Sob! Sob!!! --I am dissapointed to miss 740 but that ok :)

CJ Wrote:hi saurabh,

I am trying to judge how close I am to my target of 750 in the real GMAT. My CAT scores are something like
cat 2 - 700 (M43, V41)
cat 3 - 740 (M47, V45)
cat 4 - 700 (M45, V39)

I find it difficult to finish the math section on time. In the most recent test (CAT4), I could only attempt 25 questions (I got 21 right out of these); Randomly guessed the rest. Did you find the math section tough to complete?
Saurabh Malpani

by Saurabh Malpani Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:24 pm

CJ,
following are my scores from MGMAT CAT:

cat 2 - 730 (M49, V41)
cat 3 - 720 (M48, V4)
cat 4 - 750 (M50, V42)
cat 5 - 730 (M48, V41)

Actually Maths was very difficult, even I couldn't find my exams on times. To be honest maths is way easier in Real GMAT than MGMAT provided you don't make silly mistake (I made lot of them, i figured that later). I think Verbal is little easy in MGMAT.

Overall I didn't touch ANYTHING except OG and MGMAT material. No Kaplan, No Princeton, NO SETS, SC1000s or CR 1000s. Nothing Just OG OG OG MGMAT MGMAT. I would suggest that if you can hit MATHS and take it up into 50s it will boost your score to 740+. I missed 740 just because I couldn't score 50 in MATHS Sob! Sob! Sob!!! --I am dissapointed to miss 740 but that ok :)

CJ Wrote:hi saurabh,

cat 2 - 700 (M43, V41)
cat 3 - 740 (M47, V45)
cat 4 - 700 (M45, V39)