Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
kedieez967
Prospective Students

S-V Agreement

by kedieez967 Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:38 am

StaceyKoprince Wrote: In the sentence in question the word "benefit" is not actually repeated. The "and" connects the two modifiers and the parallelism signals that both refer back to the word "benefit" but it does not imply a repeat of the subject. The structure is:

The benefit [of X and of Y] outweighs the cost.

Glad you answer my question, i have read many posts written by you, and they help a lot.

I remember an OG explanation about a similar structure. I know that i can not comment the question, so i just rewrite the sentence and leave the skeleton of the problem, and the problem is in OG13-71.

the combination of bread and meat is a beautiful meal.

pay attention that there is no of before "meat", and the explanation from OG is that if "of" is before "meat", the sentence seem to indicate that the combination of bread and the combination of meat ... "

Ps. the original problem is posted here: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/foru ... ml#p115582

wait for your clarification. thank you very much.
kedieez967
Prospective Students

Re: S-V Agreement

by kedieez967 Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 am

It seems that tutors does not often come the forums. I am the fan of Manhattan Prep, and have learned a lot from the forums. I really appreciate the great help.

Can anybody answer my question? Many thanks.
tim
Course Students

Re: S-V Agreement

by tim Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:00 pm

First, be careful bumping questions. Every time you do that it puts the question at the absolute end of the queue for us to answer. Bumping a question is the most effective way to cause a delay in getting your question answered.

Second, it is not clear what your question is in the original post, or even if there is a question. Can you clarify what you would like us to help you with please?
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html