If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Liopnaf4555
Forum Guests

Retaking Toefl to improve the score 5 days before deadline

by Liopnaf4555 Mon May 05, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi there,
I'm planning to apply for the Insead Jan intake 2015 and I just revealed that my Toefl score is 4 points below requirement (BUMMER!)
The thing is, the only next available date for taking the Toefl is 5 days prior to final submissions deadline - not enough time to receive the newest official score (it took almost 10 days for this score to arrive).
My question is - should I submit the applications anyways and note to the admissions that I already retook the exam already and that I'm waiting or final scores?
Or is it a waste of time and I should just apply the next round?

Thanks!!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Retaking Toefl to improve the score 5 days before deadline

by mbamissionjenK Wed May 07, 2014 11:14 pm

My feeling is yes, as you said, take it and tell the schools you've taken it. They often receive the scores electronically more quickly than you would anyway! As long as you send the score to them when you set it up etc.

But just to make double triple sure, I recommend you contact the admissions office directly and just ASK THEM this q ;) then you get a definite response.

;)
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php