If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
RupanshiA884
Students

Request to evaluate my profile

by RupanshiA884 Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi,

I recently took the GMAT and scored 670 with a 49 in quant and 31 in verbal. I will have 3 years of work experience by the time I join a school with 1 year in IT and 2 years in family owned business. I would like to know if I, with this kind of profile and score, will be able to get into a top 20 B school or whether i should retake the exam?

Thanks
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Request to evaluate my profile

by mbaMissionKate Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi there!

Short answer is yes, I would recommend retaking, especially if you were getting practice scores above what you achieved. Your Quant score is actually quite strong but it's your Verbal score that's on the low end. And since you've had experience in a technical field, demonstrating you have effective verbal skills is even more important in your case. It could depend on your undergraduate GPA or if you have any certifications like the CFA, those things can help to demonstrate academic preparedness. But if you want to be competitive for the top 20 programs, especially top 10, then I would retake. It can't hurt since schools will always accept your highest score. Good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php