Verbal question you found somewhere else? General issue with idioms or grammar? Random verbal question? These questions belong here.
reshma_menghani

reading comprehension

by reshma_menghani Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:03 pm

1. What does narration through a second person address mean?

2. Please give an example of narration through a second person address.

Regards,

Reshma Menghani.
JadranLee
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: reading comprehension

by JadranLee Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi reshma,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you say a bit more about where you encountered the phrase "narration through a second person address"?

-Jad

reshma_menghani Wrote:1. What does narration through a second person address mean?

2. Please give an example of narration through a second person address.

Regards,

Reshma Menghani.
reshma_menghani

by reshma_menghani Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

it was an answer to one of the questions.
the question asked about the author and the narration through second person address
was an answer.

reshma menghani.
reshma_menghani

by reshma_menghani Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:12 pm

is that specific enough??? could someone please answer my question....this is a very common english term

reshma menghani
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:21 pm

We need to see the full text of the question in order to answer any grammar questions about this. The phrase you've cited is not that common of a phrase and, in any event, we would need to see the entire sentence for any grammar question. The correct usage of a particular phrase often depends upon the rest of the sentence.

In general, though, second person is usage of the pronoun "You." So someone could tell a story via that pronoun, rather than "I" or "he" or "they." It's not as common a structure as 1st or 3rd person.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep