If you're experiencing a roadblock with one of the Manhattan Prep GMAT math strategy guides, help is here!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

READ BEFORE YOU POST MGMAT Math Strategy Guide guidelines

by StaceyKoprince Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:24 pm

In addition to regular forum rules and information, this sticky contains rules specific to the ManhattanGMAT Math Strategy Guide Questions folder; read this information even if you have already read stickies in other folders.

This folder is for MANHATTANGMAT MATH STRATEGY GUIDE questions only; all questions should be about information or problems appearing in one of MGMAT's math strategy guides (the red books) or the associated online material (the question banks and the flash cards). ManhattanGMAT CAT Math, and GMATPrep Math have their own folders; please post any questions from those sources in the appropriate folder.

Multiple-Choice Question Posting protocol

Please follow the below rules; if you don't, your question will not be answered.

0) BEFORE YOU POST, search for the text from your question; if it already appears in the database, read the existing posts to see if your question has already been answered. If not, add your question to the existing thread for that problem.

1) ONLY post questions from MGMAT's Math Strategy Guides in this folder. State which edition of the Guide you're using (eg, 4th edition), the name of the book, and the page number on which the problem or question appears. (If your question is from the associated online material, you don't need to do this.)

2) Use the first five to eight words of the problem as your Subject heading. Also, post the entire text of the question and answer choices. Do not use abbreviations.

3) Be very explicit about your question / problem. Don't just post the text of a question without telling us why you're struggling!

4) Post one problem per thread; if you have more than one problem to review, start a new thread for each problem.

5) Only use image files for complicated diagrams or other things that cannot easily be typed in (eg, geometric shapes or seriously complex fractions). If a question is posted as an image, it will not appear in any search results for that particular problem. Also, it takes significantly longer for us to download and view image files - the more we have to do that, the fewer problems we can get through.

6) Please be polite and respectful. Inflammatory, profane, or otherwise unacceptable posts will be deleted and the poster banned.

Other Notes

We instructors will strive to respond to posts within 5 business days, but we can't always guarantee this during high-volume times. We will do our best though! If you are currently a student in one of our classes, use your office hours and/or your instructor for any pressing questions.

If one user posts 5 or more questions in a short period, it may take longer for that user to get a response to all questions because we will try to allocate our time evenly over all posters (to ensure that one person doesn't get a monopoly on instructor time).

We may respond to some very open-ended questions with a request to narrow the topic. For example, "How do I get better at Data Sufficiency?" is too broad to be answered in a forum (we spend hours on this in class!).

Happy studying!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST MGMAT Math Strategy Guide guidelines

by StaceyKoprince Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:56 am

Edited the above to add:

1. Questions from the flash cards can also be discussed in this folder.

2. Please post the edition of the Strat Guide you are using (eg, 4th edition) and the page number related to the question you're asking.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
naveedhiittech
Forum Guests

by naveedhiittech Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 am

I am planning to give GMAT early next year and looking at a score of 750+. Since I am working, my preparation duration will vary everyday and there would be days when I won't be able to spend any time at all. So, I thought I would start a little early.
After having read most of your comments here, I have narrowed down to the below set of books for my GMAT prep.
What I would be interested in knowing now are: The order in which I should go through these books considering that my quants and verbal skills are above average(based on my experience with a few GMAT type questions in verbal and quants. I am yet to take a full diagnostics test though.) but not excellent at the moment. Any other books that would help me for the high score I am looking for. Money and Time wouldn't be a problem and I am usually at ease with books that explain concepts in a simple way with a lot of clarity.
Hotel
Motel
abedinbhuiyan
Forum Guests

by abedinbhuiyan Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 pm

hello,

Can any one rate the MGMAT(Quant) guides in terms of their difficulty:

1) Fourth Ed. - Equations, Inequalities, & VICs GMAT Prep Guid
2) Fourth Ed. - Fractions, Decimals, & Percents GMAT Prep Guide
3) Fourth Ed. - Geometry GMAT Prep Guide
4) Fourth Ed. - Number Properties GMAT Prep Guide
5) Fourth Ed. - Word Translations GMAT Prep Guide

Such as 550+, 600+, 650-750+,

Thanks in advance.

BR
tim
Course Students

by tim Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Please start new threads if you want these questions answered, and also make sure you are posting in the correct forums..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html