Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

READ BEFORE YOU POST: AWA Essay forum guidelines

by StaceyKoprince Tue May 29, 2007 1:26 am

In addition to regular forum rules and information, this sticky contains rules specific to the AWA Essay folder; read this information even if you have already read stickies in other folders.

This folder is for AWA ESSAY questions; please post any other questions in the other appropriate folders on the site.

Instructors do NOT regularly monitor this folder. We regret that we cannot score or give comprehensive advice on essays; this simply takes too long to do. If you are in one of of our courses, you will have access to GMAC's GMAT Write program. This is also available to the public for a fee - see www.mba.com for details.

If you are looking for help on the essay, we suggest that you start with this article from our blog:
http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... no-thanks/

If you would like more help, we also have a book that covers the IR and essay sections of the test.

It is ILLEGAL to reproduce / post questions that you (or someone) saw on the test when you took an official GMAT. Any offending posts will be deleted immediately from our forums. We also strongly recommend that you don't post official questions on any other forum; if you are caught, the people who make the test can ban you from taking it forever AND cancel any scores you already have (and there go your b-school hopes).

Happy studying!
Last edited by StaceyKoprince on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
Essay Writer

How do I Get essaays graded.

by Essay Writer Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 am

I am not taking a MGMAT Course but I would like to get feedback/a grade on my essays. Where do I go to do this?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:15 am

Send an email to studentservices@manhattangmat.com and ask them for details. I think the pricing is around $50 for two essays, but I'm not sure - check with them.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
patrickculverton
Forum Guests

Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST: AWA Essay forum guidelines

by patrickculverton Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:34 am

That's quite reasonable for that price, any discounts for students? Very beneficial indeed for students to improve their essay writing skills.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Since this was originally posted, GMAC launched a service called GMAT Write, where you can get essays graded using the official GMAT essay grading software. One round of grading is included in our course. For students not taking our course, go to www.mba.com and look for GMAT Write.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
JamesS117
Forum Guests

by JamesS117 Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:47 am

Wow, I think I should use this service. Btw, will they give me some recommendations so that I could improve my essay? Or, will they simply rade my paper?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:00 pm

They do both - they'll give you a score and tell you how you could improve.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
Black5879
Prospective Students

by Black5879 Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm

StaceyKoprince Wrote:They do both - they'll give you a score and tell you how you could improve.

Hi Stacey, based on feedback from other forums, GMAT Write only provides a single total score and a performance score across 5 different sections:
- Focus and Meaning
- Content and Development
- Organization
- Language Use and Style
- Mechanics and Conventions

I would exactly call this useful in helping me improve. May I know if there are other better alternatives you may know about?