Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
gen

Re-Phrase

by gen Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi All,

I am having some trouble rephrasing the questions for DS. What can I do to help me figure this out? Someone told me there was a list of word translations such as is = multiplication. Is there a list and if so where can I find this?

Thanks so much!!

Gen
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:27 pm

Our Word Translations guide does address this specifically for word translation problems. There are probably hundreds of ways to rephrase questions, many of which are addressed throughout all five of our math strategy guides. Every math guide has a chapter at the back with our suggested rephrasings for the OG data sufficiency questions that best lend themselves to the concept of rephrasing. So if you don't have those, it would help to get them.

If you're in our course and/or have our books already - start with the chapters at the end of each strategy guide that give recommended rephrasings. If you're taking our course, also talk to your instructor and make sure you sign up for your weekly half hour of tutoring - work on this with your tutor.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep