Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
GonzaloB919
Course Students

question levels

by GonzaloB919 Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi! I have read that GMAT suits your difficulty level while you are answering the test questions. However, after have finished one cat and have tried to apply the timing strategy in order to avoid wrong questions sets, I see a strange pattern in my questions difficulty sets. For instance, I had wrong a 700-800 question, then GMAT gave me another 700-800 question, which was wrong as well.. so, does the GMAT suppose to give me a lower difficulty questions before 2 wrong 700-800 in a row?. Contrary it gave me another 700-800... This patter is repeated among all the test. Obviously, it is likely to have several wrong questions in a row if those are above my level, no matter if I have a good time management.
How it works? Is the original test like these cats? How many 700-800 question do I have to answer wrong in order to receive a low intensity question?

I just want to figure out the most accurate score before take the real GMAT, and after 3 CATS I still stagnant in similar scores because I have wrong answers sets..

Thank you in advance for your help.. I hope I made my self clear..
RonPurewal
Students

Re: question levels

by RonPurewal Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:47 pm

this kind of query belongs in the General GMAT Study Questions folder (= first folder on the forum home page), not here. this folder is for specific math problems from the MGMAT CAT tests.

please re-post in the correct place; thanks.
RonPurewal
Students

Re: question levels

by RonPurewal Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:49 pm

more importantly, worrying about this sort of thing (the specific numerical difficulty levels of the questions) is at best a waste of your time--and at worst a constant distraction from actually solving the problems.

remember, you will never be able to detect "difficulty levels" during the actual exam!
therefore, any questions related to those specifics are, by definition, unimportant for the test taker. only the test writers have any reason to think aobut such things.