Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
PFWinkler
Course Students

Question for Ron P

by PFWinkler Wed May 20, 2015 10:55 pm

Ron – Huge fan of all that you do. Your Thursday’s with Ron videos are pure gold. In several videos, you have said something to the effect of ‘Make sure you know it’ or ‘Drill this if you need to remember it’, when referring to a concept or rule etc. I also remember that you mentioned you had a poor memory, or something along those lines (something about needing always make lists etc) due to a head trauma as a child. Just wondering how you dealt with that?!

Peace & Chicken Grease,
-PFWIII

Source: a curious mind
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Question for Ron P

by RonPurewal Fri May 22, 2015 5:06 am

questions like this are always interesting to me. basically, "what's it like to live with ___?"
...to which my stock answer is, "i dunno, what's it like NOT to live with ___?"

i mean... i don't have any spectacularly insightful answers for you. i just accept things as they are, and deal accordingly.
if anything has any importance, i always write it down, usually in a couple of different designated places.

there are upsides, too. for instance, i can conceptually grasp things very fast—something that's definitely due (at least in part) to my inability to remember things. you know, the same way blind people are better than sighted people at listening, smelling, etc.

i failed a couple of high-school history classes in which the tests were based almost entirely on memorizing dates and names. oh well, that's life.
PFWinkler
Course Students

by PFWinkler Fri May 22, 2015 9:04 am

thanks.
tim
Course Students

by tim Sun May 24, 2015 12:16 am

You too!
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html