If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
xinrongx909
Students

Profile evulation-big four & Gmat 740

by xinrongx909 Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:49 am

1. Female, Chinese, 3.5 years audit experiences in PwC, (higher performer) till Septemeber 2016 1.5 years in Valuation and business modelling in EY advisory.

2. Post MBA: trying to find an job in inverstment banking focusing on MA.

3.GMAT (740 Q50,v39), TOEFL 96( 29,22,23,25)

4.volunteer: did some volunteer in undegraduate time such as helper of Shanghai Science and Technology, Shanghai EXPO

5 undegraduate finance major GPA 3.37

I want to apply for S16 schools such as Ross, Duke(because it does not require toefl test this year),Cornell. And I am also plan to apply Emory and UNC.
Are my choices ideal?
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Profile evulation-big four & Gmat 740

by mbaMissionKate Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:58 am

Hi there, thanks for sharing your profile.

So your overall GMAT is great, and your work experience seems strong too. One concern I have is the lack of current / recent extracurriculars, though it's difficult to really "fix" that if you're applying this year, though perhaps there are other interesting passions / activities you have that you didn't mention. My other concern is your TOEFL - is it possible for you to retake? Communication skills are extremely important in a b-school classroom setting, and to get those coveted i-banking jobs. I believe schools like Ross look for a score closer to 100. So with that in mind, I feel a little better about your chances at Cornell, Emory and UNC but overall I think you have a nice range of schools. Apply early in the season if you can!

Good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php