If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
JDJ001
Students

Profile Evaluation

by JDJ001 Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:42 am

Hello,

I would like your assistance in evaluating my profile for MBA programs.

Undergrad GPA 3.88 from University of Arkansas

My GMAT score is 730 (49Q, 40V)

I'm currently 26 years old, but will be 27 at enrollment.

I will have 5 years of work experience at the time of enrollment. Current experience is in International Strategy for a global retailer.

Volunteer experience: Started a charity that provides weekend meals to underprivileged middle school students in the area. To date, we have served over 5,000 "snack packs" equating to 18,000 meals. Additionally, I am the alumni advisor for a fraternity (w/ 200 active members) at the University of Arkansas (requires 8-12 hr per week) and have work on a major fundraising effort for our house renovation ($6M+).

My target schools are HBS, MIT, Booth, Kellogg, Wharton, Yale (maybe Texas)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your post!

It sounds like you have several strengths to your profile, including:
-GMAT is solid
-GPA
-the snack pack charity you started sounds interesting and like you've really made an impact, congrats
-other EC experiences
-likely solid work experience BUT I don't know much about it

As for weaknesses, really just that your u-grad university was not top-tier compared to some who apply, but otherwise all sounds good except that I can't comment on your leadership or achievements at work, and your resume/what you've achieved professionally will be quite important to the schools. I also don't know what your goals are, which can also be relevant in admissions.

Your school list will be challenging, but not impossible, most likely... as you can imagine, the higher ranked such as HBS, Wharton, MIT will be the toughest, and you can view acceptance rates on the US News & World report rankings. Texas could be a good somewhat safer option, so just think about where you want to be and your 'plan B' for any possible scenario, as well as where you could most see yourself and how it will help your career goals. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php