If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AnandL538
Students

Profile Evaluation

by AnandL538 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:14 am

1) Three years of work experience at MBB
2) 680 GMAT (6 IR/48 Q/35 V)
3) Top 20 private school, 3.74 GPA, Math/Econ and Managerial Studies double major
4) Targeting a top 8 business school
5) Round R1 2018-19
6) Hoping to go into PE (I have PE client experience)
7) US Citizen
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbaMissionKate Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your basic stats. Strong points I see -- great GPA, plus a good foundation in quant courses I assume given your majors, experience at MBB where I'll assume you've had a strong performance record and good progression in your leadership / project management abilities. Making the switch to PE can be tough so that's great you've got some exposure already - see if you can increase that exposure before you apply. By the way are you applying in one year or two years? I'm assuming you have 3 years experience now and if so, could certainly apply next year once you have about 4 years.

Potential weaknesses - GMAT...are you planning to retake? You've got a solid score but if you're aiming for Top 8 then I'd like to see you a bit higher. Closer to the medians around 720 if possible. Though since your GPA is high and you likely have strong analytical skills honed at MBB then 700+ would put you in a good spot too.

Also, any extracurriculars / leadership outside of work? If not, then seek to add some things there. Since you likely travel a lot, could even be volunteer activities via work-sponsored charities or volunteering for extra committees (e.g., recruiting) at your firm.

Good luck and keep us posted if we can help along the way!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php