If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
JuliaL908
Course Students

Profile Evaluation

by JuliaL908 Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:27 pm

I am looking to apply only to NYU's part time Manhattan MBA program (Langone) for this fall 2015.

Stats: 26 year old female, GPA: 3.2 from a small, prestigious liberal arts college, English major and Art History minor. GMAT: 670 (38Q, 44V, 7 IR) - Verbal is 98th percentile and Quant is the 41st percentile. Overall 83rd percentile.

Work Experience: 5 years total. 2 years at a large publishing house in a strategic planning and development role, and am currently in my 3rd year at a private wealth management firm in a client-facing associate role (responsibilities are both analytical and operational). Series 7/63 registered and received an A in a continuing ed Corporate Finance class at NYU. Recs from supervisors will be strong.

My main question is related to the GMAT - is it worth retaking to bring up my quant score by a few points, even if the overall score is well within NYU's range?

My gut tells me it is not worth expending the energy/time I would need to put in to potentially raise my quant score by only a few points, but any insight would be greatly appreciated.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi there,

You're right in that you are around the average for the Langone program at NYU, and your work experience sounds solid as well.... it's probably not crucial to re-take, BUT it also doesn't hurt anything (besides the cost/time).... it's quite common to take the GMAT more than once and schools take the highest score. So it could benefit you, you never know, probably up to your personal preference. Good luck on the process!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
JuliaL908
Course Students

by JuliaL908 Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:18 am

Many thanks, Jennifer!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:45 pm

You are most welcome.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php