If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
GovindL878
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation

by GovindL878 Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi All,

Hi All,

Please have a look at my profile and comment on my chances of making it to Top 15 US Universities.

1. MBA(Fin & Ops), Teir II B School, India, CGPA of 2.7 on 4.
2. Completed all 3 levels of the CFA Program- Charter Pending
2. Part of Placement committee, Student Advisory Committee at the B School.
3. Pre MBA Experience of 1.5 yrs with HSBC as Fund Accountant, elected as one of 13 representatives across India to lead a management initiative to improve performance.
4. Post MBA experience of 3.5 Years in Corp Fin Team of a Small Listed IT company(1.5 Yrs) and a Venture Capital( 2 yrs) - supporting start ups on planning & strategy, ops, sales, pricing accounts etc( complete entrepreneurial role)
5. Simultaneously worked as a CFA Instructor for 1 year on weekends.
6. 10th -77%, 12th -63%, Grad - 60.5%
7. Expecting a score of 700.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Your biggest challenge is that it's tough to go for a 2nd MBA, and the more competitive the universities you apply to, likely the tougher it will be!! While there is no official policy against it (at most schools) and it does happen.... it's tough to convince an admissions committee that you NEED another MBA, when there are tons of other very strong applicants applying who don't yet have one and truly do need it for specific reasons. If you still want to go for it, you'll really need to make a strong case for WHY you do still need this degree and/or how your initial degree wasn't sufficient, fyi. It also doesn't sound as though your grades were that strong during the first MBA which doesn't help. I would encourage you to do some more research into your next potential career steps and the best options for you. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php