If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
mm2907
Course Students

Profile Evaluation

by mm2907 Tue May 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a profile evaluation. I am targeting both Rice, University of Texas, and SMU's Part-Time/Evening MBA programs. I have a GMAT of 570 and a 3.5 GPA. What are my odds for admission? Should I be considering re-taking my GMAT? Or should I go ahead an apply? Thanks!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed May 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi there,

I would recommend a re-take. Schools take the highest score and it's fairly common to take it more than once. There is usually great potential for improvement with a score in the mid 500's, from what I've seen in my students over the years. I recommend preparing with Manhattan GMAT and learning what your strengths and weaknesses are, taking multiple full length practice tests, etc. It would greatly improve your admissions chances to get closer to the school's average GMAT. Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php