If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
gmatt2013
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation

by gmatt2013 Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply to INSEAD and IMD for the class of 2015 and looking for some feedback on my profile.

Some background:

- B.Tech from a reputed univ in India - GPA 3.4 / 4.0
- MS from USA - GPA 4.0 / 4.0
- Work exp
- 88 months in 3 fortune 100 tech companies. My primary field has been electronics.
- 3 yrs work experience is in India, 4 in the US.
- 2 promotions in different companies
- GMAT - 760 (Q 51, V 42, 8 IR)
- I have also been involved on and off with a non-profit for the last 2 years.

Post MBA, I am looking to continue working in the tech industry or moving to the energy sector.

Thanks!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, at this point it's a little tough to assess what makes you unique among other Indian IT/engineering/electronics applicants?? Definitely your GMAT is excellent as are your grades and it's a plus that you have some US/international experience.

If you can really show more detail about what you've done professionally and personally, if you have examples of leadership and teamwork, if your contribution was significant to the non-profits you mentioned, and you put together compelling essays with a convincing explanation as to why you need the MBA, and why that school is right for you, then you would potentially have a shot. Good luck with the applications and keep us posted!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php