If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
helzvog5
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation

by helzvog5 Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi,
My Profile is as follows:
Indian, Male, 25

GMAT: 730

Undergrad:
Amrita University(Among the Top 5 Private Universities in India), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, GPA:7.5/10 ~3.5/4 i think

Work Experience:
4 years at Top 3 MNC in the Oil and Gas sector. Worked in Dubai. Worked as an engineer in the Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul of Drilling Tools. Gained two promotions and was a project lead.

Extra Curriculars:
NIIT National Chess Champion. Won the chance to play with Vishwanathan Anand.
State Level Tennis Player. Have participated in various competitions all over India.
Active participant in various NGO's for the past 4 years

Certification: CFA Level 3 cleared

What are my chances for Kellogg, INSEAD, NUS, Darden, Tuck, Ross? Is my GPA not strong enough for these colleges?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi there,

Sounds to me like you have the following strengths & weaknesses:

Strengths:

-GMAT
-noticeable extracurricular activities & interests that would help you be remembered (such as national chess champion)
-international experience
-quant/analytical/project management skills
-CFA
-some NGO work
-promotions and project lead experience

Potential weaknesses/challenges:

-still part of a large group of applicants-- Indian Engineers. Still a group you'd really need to stand out from to differentiate, at least at the most competitive programs. The chess champion would be one way. ;) Beyond that-- think, how are YOU different (and a better applicant for their school) than the other applicants with similar profiles/backgrounds??
-any other leadership experiences you could draw from??

So it sounds like you have a solid profile, but would be up against a lot of strong competition too. With strong applications you may be considered at all of those programs, or may depend on how you stack up against the other applicants. May have better chances at Ross, Tuck & Darden among those listed. Keep us posted on questions and progress and good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php